Saturday 24 March 2012

White water rafting at camp

Wish we were away, I was so  apprehensive. I was having so much fun I felt like I wanted to purposely wanted to jump out of the raft. Mike was our boat instructor, he was South African, he has a funny accent. he told us to ford paddle.
“one two, one two, the” chinchillas crowd. Here comes our first rapid hold on, “aaaaaa” all the girls screamed. “That was just a little”says Mike. “Here comes Carnage Corner” yells Mike. all the girls screamed, “HOLD ON!!!”, Mike yells, we all held on, boof! luckily no one fell out. Mike says to watch the other rafters so we did here comes the strikers, hold on says the instructor of the strikers raft. Witch Brody did not do, he fell right to the back seat with a rubey noise. We set off and then we had lunch on little island again we set off down the river. Hey I roared we went across that bridge, I suddenly remembered that that's the banana bridge. We saw people under the bridge that fix it, they were waving I put my paddle up and shook it side to side hardly trying not to hit anybody. We decided to paddle into a bit of clif, boof I let go of my t-grip Mr M said to not let go of your t-grip. Hey we are almost there I said in my head, Mike said to us lets do a wheelie so we done a wheelie everyone sat at the back of the raft, wosh, wosh the raft went. We got back in the boat and went to a stop it all finished lukey no one got hurt I felt warm inside that I had completed the task.    

  

2 comments:

  1. wow Sam what a neat story I'm glad you guys liked the rafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam
    What an awesome adventure you had on the water. Are you sure it was only the girls screaming on the raft?! I didn't know rafts could do wheelies. Great story.
    From Matthew A's Mum.

    ReplyDelete